Due to Phase 4 guidelines that do not allow overnight camps, 2020 camp weeks are cancelled.
With great sadness I am announcing that Land o’ Lincoln Camp Cedarbrook is cancelled for this summer. Although this is probably not a surprise to any of you, this announcement doesn’t ease the pain for the campers.
Overnight camps in IL are not allowed at this time. I waited several days after the initial guidelines in hopes that changes would be made, but that has not happened. We cannot remain in limbo any longer. Families need time to accept this reality and adjust their plans. Campers need time to grieve yet another loss. We’re so very sorry that we cannot provide the fun, relationship-building, and growth that happens each summer at camp. Our staff will miss the campers as much (maybe more) than the campers will miss their week at camp.
A leader from another Cedarbrook camp has well said, “2021 can’t come fast enough.” Hopefully, next year will bring a return to normalcy, and all staff members will return to serve a large group of eager campers.
In the meantime, God is in control – even in this. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and His ways than our ways. He causes all things to work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
His purpose for us at LoLCC is “loving kids, sharing Christ, exploring nature.” We are working on some ways of doing this, even though we are apart this year. We care deeply for our camp family and look forward to being able to serve you again next summer.
Due to COVID-19, we are in a season of waiting!
As you are well aware, guidelines regarding the novel coronavirus are changing daily. Unfortunately we cannot predict how this virus may affect us in July, but at this point we are planning to have camp as scheduled. We are closely monitoring the situation and will follow directives given by our government and public health authorities. The safety of our campers, families, and staff is our main priority.
We realize that families are hesitant to commit this year, so we are making some adjustments to try to encourage parents to register their campers. Early Bird registration deadline (for a $20 savings) has been extended to May 31st. The registration fee is being lowered to just $10.00 per camper. Keep in mind that all fees will be refunded if we need to cancel. We want all children to be able to attend, so please don’t hesitate to ask for financial assistance, if that’s what’s needed for your family this year.
In spite of all the uncertainty, God is in control! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He is a faithful and trustworthy God. Let’s depend upon Him – knowing that His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts than our thoughts.
All 2020 information is current. We are ready and anxious to accept camper registrations. We hope to hear from you soon.
All 2019 information is current. We are ready and anxious to accept camper registrations. We hope to hear from you soon.
Save the Date – September 28 – for a reunion/celebration.