“Shout joyfully to the LORD all the earth. Serve the LORD with gladness; come before Him with joyful singing.” Psalm 100: 1 – 2
Singing is a big part of camp. Campers and staff alike can be heard singing around the campfire, walking to and from activities, in the cabins, and outside the dining hall before meals.
Why We Sing:
- To Have Fun
- To Gain a Sense of Accomplishment
- To Give a Sense of Belonging
- To Teach a Love for Music
- To Release Pent-up Energy
- To Allow Expression of Emotions
- To Develop a Campfire Message Theme
- To Settle Noisy Campers
- To Teach Biblical Truth
- To Aid in Bible Memory
- To Set the Tone for the Next Event
- To Encourage Worship
Songfests are planned and led by staff and/or campers at mealtimes and at the campfires. We start with fun, silly songs many of which have motions. Then we transition to bridge songs and finally to serious, worshipful songs.